J2's Picks for the 4th of July
Updated: Jun 9, 2020
One of the things many of us equate the 4th of July with is delicious food! The team at J2 Therapy and Wellness are no different. As we spent time all over Northern Virginia with friends and family celebrating America's 243rd birthday we also indulged in some delicious food.
This installment of Jen's picks represent two delicious recipes straight out of the DoTERRA cookbook which makes it not only yummy but healthy as well.
The first recipe is a basic Vinaigrette for any salad you decide to toss together as it really pairs well with any type of salad you are craving.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup champagne or wine vinegar
- 2-3tsps of sugar (alternate: 1-2 drops of stevia to taste)
- 1 tsp of shallots
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 drops of wild orange or grapefruit DoTERRA Essential Oils
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
Our second pick is a great side dish that pairs nicely with chicken, steak or fish! Lemon Parmesan Asparagus is a guaranteed showstopper on any table.
- 12 to 16 asparagus spears
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 drop of Lemon DoTERRA Essential Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1) Wash and clean asparagus spears; chop off end and place on aluminum foil or baking sheet
2) Add Lemon essential oil to olive oil and mix well
3) Drizzle over asparagus
4) Add salt and pepper to taste
5) Grill or Broil for 5-6 minutes
6) Sprinkle parmesan cheese over spears and cook for 1-2 minutes more until cheese is melted then serve.
Bon Appetite from the team at J2 Therapy and Wellness
Want to learn more about DoTERRA Essential Oils email us at firstname.lastname@example.org